Wednesday, July 28, 2010

For many, Pregnancy can be a Bumpy Ride (don't fall off the wagon.. nom nom)

Who is Ali Larter? I've seen her name a bunch of times and since she is referred to under the assumption that people know who she is, I still don't know who she is nor would I be able to identify her if she were in a lineup of blonds. She's blond— that much I know. So, to put an end to the mystery, yet, more so to know who I'm referring to for the start of this post, I Googled her. [For those of you who are as clueless as I, she's an actress and has actually appeared in a bunch of things. oops.]

And in case you're not updated on the latest, she more than four months preggers with her first child. Speaking of pregnancy, she's been quoted as recently saying:

"I eat everything. I bake myself strawberry shortcakes and then I wake up at three in the morning and I eat them... I work out. I play certain roles where it's important for me to look a certain way. But now it's just freedom. It's like, 'Bring on the Sprinkles cupcakes, pizza, pasta.' I'm loving it!"

Too bad she didn't mention burgers, fries, and nuggets with that list— she could've added McEeDee's to her CV.

The unfortunate thing in this is that Ms. Larter is not the only woman to say, think, and act like this. Take reality star Kendra Wilkinson, for example. During her pregnancy last year, she's been quoted as saying:

"I’ve been eating a lot of breakfast - eggs, bacon and cheese sandwiches with wheat toast, a lot of waffles with peanut butter. Peanut butter is my biggest craving. I actually put bananas and syrup all over it, too. Even though I don't usually eat much meat, I've been eating a lot of ribs with barbecue sauce and steak. Also, my craving for chocolate came back. I never ate it before because it gave me migraines."

And...
“I never ate fast food before I was pregnant. But every now and then I’ll get this sudden craving for, you know, like Arby’s or Taco Bell. A lot of spicy food, too!”

And, commenting on a trip...
There were so many rides and SOOOOOO much awesome food!!!!!!!!!! I seriously couldnt stop eating! lolololol. I ate bbq ribs, baked beans, chili, and a sandwich…to name a few. Oh the perks of being pregnant hahahaha!!


That's not to meant to support the notion, though, that all blondes are, well, dumb. Contrary, supermodel Gisele Bundchen, who also had her first child the end of last year, was quoted as saying..


"I did kung fu up until two weeks before Benjamin was born, and yoga three days a week."

She also said she was "mindful" about what she ate and explained,..

"I think a lot of people get pregnant and decide they can turn into garbage disposals."

Thank you, Ms. Bundchen, case and point. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Happy Healthy Juicy, You [& Your Unborn Child] Are What You Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...